pondguy also specialise in Aquarium maintenance. pondguy cover all aspects of renovating, cleaning, moving, rehomeing, restocking and equipping Aquarium's.
For a aquarium to look its best it needs regular maintenance.
pondguy carry out work on a time table based on what a Aquarium needs, large messy fish need more work as do smaller Aquariums.
Regular maintenance could include.
- Water changes, the amount depends on type of fish, intervals of cleaning and size of tank.
- Filter cleaning, If filter systems become blocked many stop functioning altogether or just pump dirty water around the tank with out any purification.
- Glass cleaning, this is purely aesthetic as the fish prefer the algae cover but why have a tank you cant see into.
- Checking of the lights. Most lighting tubes only last about 8 months and once past this can cause algae and alter the ambient colour of the Aquarium.
- Checking air pumps and air stones. Air pumps need new diaphrams every so often and the stones become clogged and need replacing.
- Checking livestock for disease.
- Checking water quality levels.